Project Management Skills for Live - Basic
October 30, 2021
Just about everything in life is a project. Learning the Project Management skill sets & tools early will prepare youth for life success!
After the course, the teenagers would leave knowing how to:
- Create and follow a plan;
- Break big jobs into smaller tasks;
- Prioritize activities;
- Create a backup plan… “Plan B”;
- Get the job DONE, and Celebrate Success!
This class satisfies BSA Venturing Pathfinder 'Project Management' requirements. Visit pmi-mn.org/outreach/youth-education-outreach for more information.
- Joint event with Northern Star Scouting - a class within the University of Scouting (https://scoutingevent.com/250-UOSFall2021)
- IN-PERSON class at St. Paul College. For participants 13 years of age and up.
- ** Wearing a MASK is required.
- FEES = $20 (parking & lunch included).
- **Participant can take other classes in the University of Scouting if so desired, no additional cost
- Limited scholarship available for full class fee waiver. Contact Eric.Sit@pmi-mn.org for details BEFORE registration.
- ** SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DUE 15 DAYS PRIOR TO CLASS (i.e. 10/15/21.) **
- REGISTRATION CLOSES on 10/28/21.
- No Minimum participant count. Maximum thirty (30).
- No use of cell phone during class. All cell phones must be in silent mode.
- Registration will be via Northern Star Scouting at https://scoutingevent.com/250-UOSFall2021
- Click "Register" in upper right hand corner
- Select "Continue as Guest"
- Set the number of attendees to this class in the "Venturing Youth" box (ignore age range, this class is for 13 and up)
- Click "Register"
- Follow the screen carefully and fill out the information - At select Unit: "Yes" ; Member of District/Council or Lone: "Northern Star Scouting Scout" ; "Done"
- Click "Select Class". Search for Class Number "VEN387"; Class Title = "Project Management Skills for Life". Add this class to your schedule.
- Add other permitted classes as desired.
- "Check Out" and pay fee - registration is not completed until paid.
This is a joint youth education outreach program by PMI MN and the Northern Star Scouting of the Boy Scouts of America. Student does not need to be member of either to participate in the class.
Questions? Contact Eric at email@example.com.